Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Flower Shop Hello

The laddies at JAI set us a challenge to use a beautiful colour combo in our projects.  I loved this challenge and enjoyed getting out of my comfort zone a little for this one... So without further ado, her is my project that I sent in to JAI:


Stamp set(s): flower shop, four you
Ink: costal cabana, raspberry ripple, raspberry ripple marker
Card: costal cabana, raspberry ripple, whisper white, glossy card
Accessories: pansy punce, pearls, costal cabana ruffle stretch trim, wax paper, iron, sponges

I used a new technique using wax paper that resisted the ink that I added with sponges.  I scrunched the wax paper before ironing over the glossy card, and then I added colour was added on the glossy card with sponges.  The wax paper it resists and it gives you a very cool effect.  If used this technique on the main panel.  It was a lot of fun to try out this technique and I think I'll using this technique again!  To finish off, I love the new ruffled stretch trim and I added some flowers and pearls.  Hope you enjoy it!

And a quick update:
I have just had more surgery for a recurrence of a brain tumor and have currently going through chemo (tablets, 5 days every month for 6 months).  I've just been through the first round of chemo and I'm feeling pretty good but still taking it it easy, and one day at a time. It's a long process but I have ben recovering well and have so enjoyed my stamping as I have recovered. It has been an very important part of my recovery. I won't always put up updates here, but when I can, I'll add something here.  Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the two-toned sentiment on your card, Anna - and the background looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Just Add Ink this week. All the best with your recovery ... thank goodness for stamping. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool background Anna and makes a great base for the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and best wishes for your battle with cancer, sounds like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Good on you for trying something outside your comfort zone. All the best with your chemo, and thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool technique, love the effect it creates and your bunch of flowers looks so pretty on top. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
    Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts as you continue your treatment Anna. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card - there are many elements to it that I like - I really like how you have coloured the sentiment - not sure how you did it but it's very effective. I also like the little pearls - they finsh the flowers beautifully. And I also love the Wax paper technique too....must do it myself again soon - it's so effective and is great how the more ink you apply the better it looks. Thanks for play ant Just Add Ink.
    Best Wishes to you for your recovery - I'm sure your will get a lot of delight from your stamping. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool technique!
    Best wishes with yr chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly blogger cut me short! I admire yr upbeat attitude. All the very best x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!