Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just add winter!


Card: island indigo, pool party, whisper white
Ink: island indigo, pool party
Stamp set(s): lovely as a tree, silhouette sentiments
Accessories: brayer, dazzling diamonds, island indigo ruffled ribbon, linen thread, jewelry tag punch

I missed the challenge at JAI a few weeks ago, but I thought I would share this project anyway.  This was my take on adding winter to a project, because it's been soooo cold lately...

I used my brayer to add some colour to the whisper white panel, then I stamped the trees, but I stamped the image twice without re-inking the stamp, and I moved the image a little to create a shadow look. Loving how it created depth to the image!  Then, I just had to add some dazzling diamonds as snow to the whole panel - you may not be able to see this very well on the photo, but it looks amazing in real life (trust me!).  The ribbon and wee tag finish it off, along with an inside panel to add a message.

3 comments:

  1. A perfect wintery card Anna. The brayer lends a real foggy feel to the background. So glad you are getting some crafting done - better late than never, I say ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Anna! Love using this set ..must use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Anna, love the shadow look. I hope you are progressing well, Thinking of you. Kind Regards Janet Mills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!