Wednesday, May 9, 2012

JAI challenge - just add mother


Card: rich razzleberry, old olive, early expresso, whisper white
Ink: rich razzleberry, old olive
Stamp set(s): because I care, well scripted
Accessories: rich razzleberry satin ribbon, dazzling diamonds, frost white shimmer paint

Over at Just Add Ink, the challenge this week was to just add mother.   I wanted to try out the mother of pearl technique, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to create something beautiful to honour my Mum.  I love my first attempt at this new technique - the frost white shimmer paint gives the perfect sheen to the whisper white cardstock.  I decided to give the flower some bling with dazzling diamonds, and I couldn't resist adding some ribbon.  I'm hoping Mum will love it (shhsh! don't tell her!).

6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Anna. Love the mother of pearl and that gorgeous bow. The inside of the card looks wonderful too. Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it was a great challenge to try out the Mother of Pearl Technique, I did it myself for the first time too and for this challenge. I love how you have used yours as the background panel and that flower is so vibrant. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Anna. I especially like the shimmer paint - it's very effective. How did you apply it? Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Anna! Love the effect of this technique. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Anna - thanks for sharing. I'm sure your mother will love this. You have amazing talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna, this is lovely. The MOP background looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!