Thursday, April 19, 2012

Elegant bird


Card: cherry cobbler, riding hood red, blushing bride, whisper white
Ink: cherry cobbler, riding hood red
Stamp set: creative elements
Accessories: elegant bird die-cut, big shot, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, pearl, whisper white organza ribbon, sponges

I had a play with the new elegant bird die cut at stamp camp a few weeks back, and decided to use it on a project today.  I wasn't too sure about it (which was way I wanted to have a play with it) but I quite like it, and the wings are gorgeous!  They could be used as a pair of angels wings, you could use the bird body by itself in lots of different ways...the possibilities are endless!  Something new to add to your wish list from the new mini!

I've stamped the blushing bride with the main stamp from the creative elements stamp set, and added part of it to the bird.  I've used two different embossing folders to add some texture to the wings and background, and the pearl just gives the birds a lovely eye.  And, of course, I had to add an inside panel for a special message. Elegant and feminine = gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!