Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Card: old olive, rich razzleberry, whisper white
Ink: old olive, rich razzleberry
Stamp set: season of joy
Accessories: white embossing powder, heat gun, versamark, big shot, petal cone die, scallop trim border punch, sponge

Happy New Year! I can't believe where 2011 has gone, but here is 2012! To start the year, I thought I would share a special project that I gave to a good friend for Christmas. I filled the petal cone with tea-light candles that I had stamped (tissue paper and a heat gun work a treat!) and she loved it!

On the card, I used the embossing resist technique and a sponge to make the square stamp "pop" in front of the trees. Really like the effect. The petal cone die was well-used this past Christmas, and I love how this one come out. The finished cone is actually quite big - I think I managed to put 5 tea-light candles into it, and the die-cut is very versatile, as you'll see in future posts that I'm planning... You could also put chocolates into one of these cones for a very cute and special gift.

Ok, so, this year, I would like to try and post every day. I know this may seem like a chore and very unrealistic, but I've been thinking about resolutions and I would like to try and create a card (or layout or project) a day for a year, and post them here for an amazing record of what I've done throughout the year. I'm not too sure how I'm going to go, but I know you'll keep me on track - that's your mission for the year! So, as this is Jan 1st, this is my first post. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. SO beautiful Anna! What a good idea to fill them with tealights! I loved the one you made for me with chocolates too - Thanks you. HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!